Join the Better Impact Team
We are growing and currently looking for people to join our team in Hamilton, Ontario
Who We Are
Better Impact is a small but global team who help non-profits and charities to engage and manage volunteers, donors and members more effectively and with greater efficiency. Our head office is in Hamilton Ontario Canada and we have small offices in Chicago, Adelaide and London.
Our clients include international charities (such as the Salvation Army and Habitat for Humanity), cities (such as San Diego, Houston, Ottawa, Toronto, Lancashire UK, Oxfordshire UK, and Perth Australia to name a few), events (such as The Burlington Sound of Music Festival, Hull City of Culture (UK), Cricket World Cup Championships, FIFA Woman’s World Cup (Canada), and Lollapalooza (USA)), and thousands of smaller charities and non-profits in ten countries.
Better Impact is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunity to all qualified individuals. We believe a diverse workforce enhances our ability to fulfill our mission.
Support Agent – Hamilton, Ontario
What We Provide
- a balanced work environment that recognizes there are other aspects to your life than work (a 40 hour work week, three weeks holidays, time-flexing to accommodate other things in your life, the freedom to take a day off “just because”, sick days you can use even if you’re healthy
- a compensation package based on your current experience
- enrollment in our company health plan
- a minimum of annual cost of living increases
- the opportunity to make a difference in the world by helping organizations trying to do the same
- an office atmosphere that is upbeat and casual, in a newly renovated 5th floor space with a gourmet kitchen, balcony, small gym and a shower
- a global team of people who are genuinely interested in help organizations succeed and in helping you whenever you need it
What the Job Entails
- Help our members and potential members get the most out of their Better Impact software by answering questions through the chat system integrated into our software, email, the telephone and web based meetings
- Assist members through their transition in implementing Better Impact software in their organizations through coaching and sharing of professional expertise
- Assist in the onboarding process of new members to including software customization, application set-up, and data importation.
Requirements to Succeed in the Job
- experience with Volunteer Impact software
- the confidence, work ethic and ability to prioritize to get things done without significant supervision
- a friendly attitude that comes across in the way you communicate in person, over the phone, and electronically
- demonstrable organizational skills
- typing skills to accurately type at a minimum of 40 words per minute
- a fit with our Core Values
- comfortable using an Apple computer or happy to adapt
If you think you’d be a great addition to our team, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and let him know why.
.NET Backend Engineer - Hamilton, Ontario
We are looking for a developer who:
- works to live, not lives to work
- wants to be part of a small but growing global team
- is seriously good at what they do
- wants their code to mean something
- can work from our office in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Our software helps organizations engage and manage volunteers, donors and clients more effectively and with greater efficiency. Our revenues grow year after year and we are embarking on some significant product expansion in our field.
At Better Impact your coding matters. We do more than just create and sell business process software. We help organizations make the world a better place.
Clients include small start-up nonprofits, cities (such as San Diego, Houston TX, Vancouver, Ottawa, San and Perth Australia to name a few), large events (such as the Cricket World Cup Championships, FIFA Woman’s World Cup, Lollapalooza ) and international charities (such as the Salvation Army).
What we offer:
- A competitive salary
- Medical/dental benefits
- Flexible time off and a 40 hour work week
- The right tools and technology
- An office atmosphere that is upbeat and casual
- Fridays we have a BBQ on our deck or something cooked up in the office kitchen by one of the company founders.
- Solid understanding of enterprise-level application and database design
- Strong programming experience with .NET technologies.
- Extensive experience working with SQL Server (performance tuning, clustering/always on implementation, troubleshooting)
- Proven experience implementing a continuous integration / deployment pipeline
- Able to perform administrative tasks in Windows Server / IIS.
Other things we’d be happy to hear about:
- Experience working in technical support / customer service environments.
- Community involvement and volunteering experience.
If this position is of interest to you, let us know. Contact email@example.com