Join the Better Impact Team
We are growing and currently looking for people to join our team in Hamilton, Ontario
Member (Client) Experience Coordinator
We like to think of our clients as members of the Better Impact family and our continuing growth has created a new opportunity to join the Better Impact team as a Member Experience Coordinator, in our Canadian office in Hamilton, Ontario. We’re looking for someone who is passionate about helping others and would like to be part of a company that helps non-profits and charities accomplish the most they possibly can.
Background to the position
We like to ensure that our members have the best experience possible, right from the moment they begin trialing our software, through the implementation and training phases and then on an ongoing basis into the future. We have people on our team from around the world who contribute to this experience in their regional areas and they all work together to continually refine the processes involved. The time has come to have someone lead these initiatives and take us to the next level.
- Work with the rest of the Member Experience Team to create and implement new processes and process improvements that increase our efficiencies and make our members even happier than they are today
- Working with others on the Member Experience Team and our in-house video producer continuously update our training materials and knowledge-base
- Cultivate growth in our Better Impact Buddies community
- As a representative of the Member Experience Team, periodically work with the representatives from Sales and Marketing Team and the Software Development Team to look for opportunities for cross departmental improvements and to act as a communications conduit between teams
- Help clients and potential clients get the most out of our software by answering questions through the chat system integrated into our software
- experience in volunteer management or donor management
- the confidence, work ethic and ability to prioritise to get things done without significant supervision
- a friendly attitude that comes across in the way you communicate in person, over the phone, and electronically
- demonstrable organizational skills
- typing skills to accurately type at a minimum of 50 words per minute
- competent with MS Word, Excel and Outlook
- comfortable using an Apple computer or happy to adapt
The following are beneficial but not required:
- bilingual in French (Canadian)
- experienced with either PowerPoint or Keynote
We’ll provide you with:
- a high degree of autonomy for you and the rest of the team
- a balanced work environment that recognizes there are other aspects to your life than work (37.5 hour work weeks, time-flexing to accommodate other things in your life, the freedom to take a day off “just because”, sick days you can use even if you’re healthy)
- the opportunity to make a difference in the world by helping organizations trying to do the same
- a compensation package based on your current experience
- enrollment in our company health plan
- a minimum of annual cost of living increases
- an office atmosphere that is upbeat and casual
- make-your-own-trail-mix Mondays and Team Lunch Fridays (BBQs on our deck or something cooked up in the office kitchen by one of the company founders)
If you think you’d be a great addition to our team, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and let him know why.
.NET Backend Engineer – Hamilton, Ontario
We are looking for a developer who:
- works to live, not lives to work
- wants to be part of a small but growing global team
- is seriously good at what they do
- wants their code to mean something
- can work from our office in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Our software helps organizations engage and manage volunteers, donors and clients more effectively and with greater efficiency. Our revenues grow year after year and we are embarking on some significant product expansion in our field.
At Better Impact your coding matters. We do more than just create and sell business process software. We help organizations make the world a better place.
Clients include small start-up nonprofits, cities (such as San Diego, Houston TX, Vancouver, Ottawa, San and Perth Australia to name a few), large events (such as the Cricket World Cup Championships, FIFA Woman’s World Cup, Lollapalooza ) and international charities (such as the Salvation Army).
What we offer:
- A competitive salary
- Medical/dental benefits
- Flexible time off and a 40 hour work week
- The right tools and technology
- An office atmosphere that is upbeat and casual
- Fridays we have a BBQ on our deck or something cooked up in the office kitchen by one of the company founders.
- Solid understanding of enterprise-level application and database design
- Strong programming experience with .NET technologies.
- Extensive experience working with SQL Server (performance tuning, clustering/always on implementation, troubleshooting)
- Proven experience implementing a continuous integration / deployment pipeline
- Able to perform administrative tasks in Windows Server / IIS.
Other things we’d be happy to hear about:
- Experience working in technical support / customer service environments.
- Community involvement and volunteering experience.
If this position is of interest to you, let us know. Contact email@example.com